Who can take your complaints?

Do you have a complaint about your telecommunications provider? The answer to where to take your complaint depends on what kind of resolution you are looking for.

If you feel like you’ve been misled you can file a complaint with the Competition Bureau. The Competition Bureau is the agency that enforces the Competition Act which prohibits deceptive marketing. If the bureau receives enough evidence of deceptive marketing it can take action against that company.

If you want to urge the telecommunications regulator to create rules to fix problems with telecommunications sales tactics you can file a complaint with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).

Finally, if you’re looking for a resolution to a personal dispute with your telecommunications provider -- that you haven’t been able to resolve by speaking with them first -- you can file a complaint with the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent organisation that seeks to resolve customer complaints about telecoms.