Think your home might have been a grow-op? Try Googling the address before you buy.
In some cities, police post addresses of grow-op busts online. Though, in Marketplace's research, we discover that they're often not up to date.
You can also try calling your local police or city hall to find out if they have any record of a recent bust.
Here are some links to public health regions and police departments who post their reports online:
- The RCMP publishes a selected Canada-wide list
- Alberta Health Service: Environmental Health Inspection Orders lists addresses of active and inactive grow-op inspections
- Ottawa Police list of grow-op addresses
- Winnipeg grow-op addresses
- London, Ont., grow-op addresses
CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites — links will open in new window.