An easy but visually stunning DIY vine trellis for indoors!
Make a design statement while purifying the air in your home too
Plants add beauty to any room but a trailing vine is especially eye-catching and unexpected too. Change up the colours, the planter, or even the vine itself to make something unique and customized to your taste and style.
Plants even have added health benefits by purifying and cleaning the air in your home. Get rid of some of those nasty toxins by choosing a vine like Philodendron, or Arrowhead Vine known for their air filtering properties.
Here's what you'll need:
- Fencing wire
- Pot for shaping
- Wire cutters
- Soft nose pliers
- Spray paint
- Wall hooks
- Vine plant
Here's how to do it:
- Shape wire around pot to create rings and cut leaving a 1 centimeter overlay.
- Repeat until you have enough rings for desired climber height.
- Spraypaint rings and allow to dry.
- Drill hole into wall and screw in hooks where the top of the vine will go.
- Hook on first ring and continue looping rings until you reach the bottom.
- Insert another hook for another arm of the climber.
- Hook on rings and loop onto first set of rings.
- Repeat until you have the desired amount of arms.
- Thread the vine onto the rings so it is encouraged to climb them.
- You can keep adding more rings and moving the hooks up as your vine grows.