Vegan Eats: A rich, silky smooth Chocolate Tahini Butter Cup Pie
A delicious and decadent dessert you can serve to all of your guests
You can’t get more classic than chocolate and peanut butter — so let’s spice things up a bit by trying a new equally tasty combo: chocolate and tahini! Show off your culinary skills with this Chocolate Tahini Butter Cup Pie — the flavour pairings leave you with a show-stopping dessert that is vegan, velvety, and unbelievably rich.
- 1 kg graham cracker cereal
- ⅓ cup (90 ml) melted vegan butter
- 12 oz (340 g) firm silken tofu, cubed and patted dry
- ½ cup (120 ml) tahini (toasted sesame butter)
- 1 ¾ cup coconut whipped cream
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- ½ cup (120 ml) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (340 g) semisweet dairy free chocolate chips
We’re going to make the crust first, so preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a glass pie pan.
Add your graham cracker cereal to a food processor and blend until it’s loose and crumbly. Add your vegan butter and pulse until it’s blended.
Add your buttery graham crackers to the pan. Use your fingers to mold it down into a crust.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.