Make this epic DIY S'mores station this weekend
All the fixings for a who-can-build-the-craziest-S'more competition.
Dipping our toes in the pool, taking long bike rides through lush greenery, eating a perfectly roasted marshmallow fresh off the campfire — these are just a few of the things we miss most when summer says its annual goodbye. Luckily, there's at least one way to still capture those simple summertime joys: create an epic DIY S'mores station! Packed with sugar cones, chocolate-dipped marshmallows and just about every goodie you could possibly imagine, it's sure to inspire an impromptu who-can-build-the-craziest-S'more competition. While this station is meant for outdoors, it could easily be done inside without the fire if the weather doesn't cooperate.
Here's what you need:
- Large table
- Wooden bowls and platters (one for each type of goodie you're serving)
- Assorted goodies for topping (Sugar cones, yogurt pretzels, graham crackers, sprinkles, chocolate-covered almonds, mini cinnamon buns, mini marshmallows, caramel popcorn, candy-covered chocolate, cookie drops — and anything else you like!)
- Small wooden crate
- Chocolate-dipped marshmallows (or plain ones if preferred)
- Potted evergreen plants
- Birch wood (optional)
Here's how to do it:
- Place desired goodies and toppings into separate wooden bowls or on their own platter and arrange them neatly on your table.
- Poke through chocolate-dipped marshmallows with sticks to get them ready for roasting, and prop them up in the centre of the table.
- Add potted evergreen plants to the table for an outdoorsy feel.
- Put sugar cones into the slits in your wooden crate so they are standing up straight for easy access.
- Turn on firepit or create fire using birch wood, if permitted where you are.
- Fill your cone with all your favourite toppings, head over to the fire to roast your marshmallows and enjoy!
Creator: The Party Parade