Recipe: Spiced Pear and Apple Crisp
This easy dessert tastes delectable, looks beautiful and only takes minutes to assemble!
- 4 red apples (honeycrisp, pink lady, gala), thinly sliced
- 4 green pears, thinly sliced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ⅔ cup Demerara sugar, divided
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tsp ground ginger, divided
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg, divided
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp ground cloves, divided
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, grated
Preheat oven to 375F. Toss sliced apples and pears with half of flour, Demerara sugar, salt and spices, place in 8x8 baking dish. Combine soft butter with remaining salt, flour, and spices. Stir in oats and grated crystallized ginger.
Crumble topping on top of fruit, and bake the crumble until fruit is thicken and bubbly and top is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.