Recipe: Smoked Salmon Potato Bites
These savory bite-sized wonders put all other potato skins to shame
Topped with smoked salmon and a creamy mascarpone filling, this appetizer is sure to impress your guests.
- 8 red creamer potatoes
- 8 Yukon Gold creamer potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill, finely chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 150g sliced smoked salmon
- ¼ cup chives, finely minced
- ¼ cup chervil, picked
- Half of lemon, zested and finely julienned
Slice all potatoes in half and toss in olive oil and salt and pepper. Line on a parchment lined baking sheet skin side down. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and golden brown. Let cool before filling.
Mix all filling ingredients together. Transfer to a piping bag with a large star tip. Pipe filling into each potato skin. Drape each piece with smoked salmon and garnish with chives, chervil and julienned lemon zest. Refrigerate until service.