Recipe: Paul Sun Hyung Lee's Kimchi Soup
The Kim’s Convenience star shares his recipe for Kimchi Soup or Kimchi Guk.
The Kim’s Convenience star shares his recipe for Kimchi Soup or Kimchi Guk
This spicy Korean soup is great for a cold winter’s night in! It tastes even better the next day, and goes great with a side of rice.
- 2 cups chopped kimchi, with juice
- ½ lb pork shoulder (or pork belly), cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 5 cups water
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 package of tofu, cut into bite sized cubes
Combine kimchi, kimchi juice, hot pepper paste and pork into a heavy bottomed pot. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat for 30 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low, add tofu and cook for 10 minutes.
Add green onion and remove from heat. Season with salt to taste. Serve alongside rice.
Servings: Makes 3-4 servings