Recipe: Paul Sun Hyung Lee's Kimchi Soup
The Kim’s Convenience star shares his recipe for Kimchi Soup or Kimchi Guk
This spicy Korean soup is great for a cold winter’s night in! It tastes even better the next day, and goes great with a side of rice.
- 2 cups chopped kimchi, with juice
- ½ lb pork shoulder (or pork belly), cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Korean hot pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 5 cups water
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 package of tofu, cut into bite sized cubes
Combine kimchi, kimchi juice, hot pepper paste and pork into a heavy bottomed pot. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat for 30 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low, add tofu and cook for 10 minutes.
Add green onion and remove from heat. Season with salt to taste. Serve alongside rice.
Servings: Makes 3-4 servings