Recipe: Jerk Spiced Ham
With its simple yet delicious marinade, this ham is a mouthwatering addition to your table this fall
If you're thinking of straying from turkey this Thanksgiving, look no further than this tasty Jerk Spiced Ham.
- 8 to 10 lb smoked ham, bone in, skin on
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 sprigs green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp rum
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or more if desired
Marinate one day before cooking.
Using a sharp knife, score the ham into a diamond pattern (2 inch x 2 inch, ½ inch deep). Mix all remaining ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Rub your Jerk spice paste all over the scored ham making sure to get into the grooves.
Remove the ham from the marinade and place it in a roasting pan. Pour the marinade on the bottom of the pan.
Bake ham at 300F for 2 hours. Let rest before serving. Slice and enjoy!