Recipe: Chiffonade Salad
With a delicious homemade dressing, Shahir's salad is the perfect side to any dish
This light, refreshing salad is made using a Chiffonade chopping technique to get long, thin ribbons of romaine and radicchio.
- 1 head romaine, Chiffonade
- 1 head radicchio, Chiffonade
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, shaved with a peeler
- 1 bunch radish, thinly sliced on mandolin
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Prepare all vegetables and add to salad bowl. Add dijon, honey, red wine vinegar and whisk. Slowly stream in oil and whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.