A super simple DIY to keep your gadgets clean
A homemade cleaning slime for those of us who insist on snacking over the keyboard.
This article was originally posted November 2, 2017.
We're probably all a little guilty of snacking around our gadgets, and those crumbs can be tricky to get rid of once they settle into our TV remotes and keyboards. Thankfully, slime is more than just a super trendy stress buster – it turns out slime can even solve your cleaning woes. Here's how to make a homemade cleaning slime that is budget-friendly, reusable and very satisfying to use.
What you'll need:
- White or clear school glue
- Shaving foam
- Food colouring (optional)
- Essential oil (optional)
1. Mix 1 cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon of Borax in a measuring cup. Stir well.
2. Pour glue into a separate bowl. Mix an equal amount of shaving foam into the same bowl.
4. Add food colouring and essential oil if desired.
5. Pour water and borax mixture slowly into the bowl and stir until it begins to solidify.
7. When water is completely absorbed, remove the slime from the bowl with your hands.
8. Knead the slime for a minute.
9. Use to collect dust, dirt and grime!
Keep your cleaning slime fresh and reusable in an airtight container. Do not leave it on electronics for an extended period of time. Instead, only use the slime for a few minutes to get your tech looking its best.