Your 2019 Pride style roundup
Fresh rainbow designs from brands donating to the cause
Pride month is here, and whether at an event or not, you'll notice a lot of people wearing their statement of support too. Pride-inspired pieces can serve as visual reminders that the fight for tolerance, diversity and equality is ongoing. If you are looking to pick up a piece that nods (or more than nods!) to Pride, we've got a great list for you — a roundup of some of our favourite rainbow-inspired designs available across the country, each with this very special added bonus: when you purchase from any of these limited-edition collections you'll also be helping a variety of LGBTQ charities and organizations dedicated to helping queer communities.
Club Monaco Pride Sweatshirt
Club Monaco has released a limited edition crewneck sweatshirt this month in celebration of Pride and the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. The heather grey sweatshirt is gender-neutral and features a subtle, but still fabulous rainbow logo across the chest.
* Club Monaco will be donating 50% of the proceeds directly to the Stonewall Community Foundation, an organization that supports the LGBTQIA+ movement and community.
Club Monaco Pride Sweatshirt, $98.50, Club Monaco
Nike BeTrue Collection
Nike's 2019 BeTrue collection for men and women was created in partnership with the Gilbert Baker Estate, paying homage to the political activist who created the original Pride Flag. The collection includes a variety of jackets, tees, tanks, socks, a unisex shoulder bag, as well as five pairs of sneakers: the Air Max 720, Air Tailwind 79, Zoom Pegasus Turbo, Benassi JDI, and Air Max 90. Each piece in the collection features the eight colours of the original flag, Baker's signature and his signature glitter shimmer.
* Nike is donating a portion of all BeTrue sales to organizations empowering the LGBT sports community.
Nike's BeTrue collection, $22-$255, Nike
Call It Spring: WE ARE Flip Flops
Call It Spring has released a colourful new Pride collection for summer '19 including sunglasses, colourful accessories, and a fanny pack with a rainbow strap. Of course, the centrepiece of the vegan footwear and accessories brand's Pride collection are the playful 'WE ARE' flip flops; a perfect option for Pride weekend and summer days.
* In creating the collection, Call It Spring joined forces with the It Gets Better Project, a non-profit organization with a mission to uplift, empower and connect the LGBTQ+ community around the globe. A portion of sales from the WE ARE Flip Flops will be donated to the It Gets Better Project, with a commitment of $20,000.
Call It Spring WE ARE Flip Flops, $12.99, Call It Spring
Converse Pride Collection
Converse is back with another must-have Pride collection! This summer there are a variety of rainbow-inspired pieces of apparel and accessories, as well as six different sneakers. Both the iconic Chuck Taylor All Star sneaker and Chuck 70 silhouette get a bright makeover with Pride-inspired versions of the classic HI and OX silhouettes. But the brand's first-ever sneakers to be inspired by the trans flag (light blue, pink and white) steal the spotlight.
*In celebration of the brand's annual Pride collection (which started in 2014), proceeds will support LGBTQ charities including It Gets Better Project.
Converse Pride Collection, $50-$150, Converse
Levi's Pride Collection
Levi's sixth annual Pride collection celebrates the LGBTQ community with a wide variety of gear with rainbow details. The collection includes white and black graphic tees, a denim trucker vest, a pair of 501 original cut-off denim shorts, a white tapered denim short, and a selection of accessories including caps, a bandana, woven belts and a even a tote. The standout piece is a white denim jacket with rainbow collar.
* This year, 100% of net proceeds from Levi's Pride collection will be going to OutRight Action International, an international LGBT human rights organization.
Levi's Pride Collection, $25-$148, Levi.com
Apple Pride Edition Sport Loop
Apple is celebrating Pride Month with an all-new, rainbow band for their Apple watch. The 2019 Pride edition Sport Loop is available in both 40mm and 44mm sizes and is designed to perfectly match the brand's new rainbow watch face.
* A portion of the proceeds from the Pride Edition strap will go to GLSEN, PFLAG, The Trevor Project, Gender Spectrum, and The National Center for Transgender Equality and Encircle in the U.S., and ILGA internationally.
Apple Watch Band: Pride Edition, $69, Apple.ca
Hunter Pride PLAY Boot
Hunter, the UK-based rain boot label released a rainbow-edition version of its best-selling PLAY boot. It is 100 per cent waterproof, handcrafted from natural rubber and is designed with a dynamic flat platform sole for maximum comfort and versatility. The limited edition Hunter Pride PLAY boot comes in both a flatform and heeled version in a black colourway with a fun, very visible, rainbow sole to show your pride on those rainy days. The boots also feature a rainbow pull-tab and rainbow Hunter logo at the back of the boot.
* Hunter is donating proceeds from the new Pride boot to six different charities whose work ranges from providing safe homes for LGBTQI+ youth to improving mental health services: akt, The Outside Project, NAZ, MindOut, Mermaids and Trust Judy Blame.
Hunter Pride PLAY Boot, $130, Hunter
Gap Pride Collection
Gap's extensive 2019 Pride collection features a number of pullover hoodies, crewneck sweatshirts, graphic T-shirts, totes, hats and socks for men, women and children. There are even a variety of adorable BabyGap Pride bodysuits with messages of love.
* Gap will donate 15% of sales from their Pride collection until July 6 2019 to the United Nations Foundation in support of UN Free & Equal campaign.
Gap Pride Collection, $16.95-$69.95, Gap
Christopher Turner is a Toronto-based writer, editor and lifelong fashionisto with a passion for pop culture and sneakers. Follow him on social media at @Turnstylin.