This DIY evil-eye silkscreen top is your new lucky go-to
On trend and protects against evil spirits.
The evil-eye is said to ward off evil spirits and it's a design trend that's still going strong this Spring. Use our stencil and follow the easy steps below to DIY your own new lucky sweatshirt with an easy silkscreening technique that's an inexpensive alternative to the classic method.
Here's what you'll need:
- Embroidery hoop
- Cardboard rectangle
- Liquid Glue
- Indigo Blue Fabric Paint
Here's how to do it:
- Print out the "Evil Eye" design.
- Stretch the silk over the embroidery hoop securely and tighten the hoop.
- Put embroidery hoop over the print out and trace the design onto silk with a pencil.
- Paint liquid glue onto the silk around the design.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Place a piece of cardboard into the t-shirt around the area where the design will go (center).
- Place dried embroidery hoop on the t-shirt over the cardboard area.
- Take indigo paint and dollop paint above the "Evil Eye" design on the embroidery hoop.
- Take a piece of cardboard and drag paint over design - from top to bottom.
- Repeat a few times to make sure all parts of the design has been painted over.
- Carefully lift embroidery hoop.
- Wash embroidery hoop with warm water to remove glue and paint off silk and reuse!
- Let t-shirt dry and enjoy!