DIY feminist stencil tees
Once you've filled your closet with inclusive feminist gear and plastered your walls with these empowered art prints, why not take a DIY approach to wearing your pro-female message with our easy-to-make stencil t-shirts? You can use one of our fun, feminist downloadable designs (below), or try out any stencil you like, to create a totally unique shirt that will leave you looking (and feeling!) badass all summer long. Just follow along with our simple step-by-step instructions and you'll be rocking your new statement-making stencil tee in no time!
Here's what you'll need:
- Cutting board
- Stencils (you can use the printable ones we've included below)
- Fabric paint
- Stencil adhesive
- Craft knife
Here's how to do it:
- Tape adhesive to cutting board.
- Tape stencil on top of adhesive and cut out.
- Remove stencil and lay adhesive onto t-shirt.
- Remove adhesive backing and stick onto t-shirt.
- Lay down scrap paper to protect your working surface.
- Fold t-shirt over so only adhesive is showing, this will protect the rest of the t-shirt from the fabric paint.
- Apply first coat of fabric paint, keeping about 5 inches away from fabric and spraying evenly across stencil.
- Leave to dry for 30 minutes.
- Paint second coat.
- Remove stencil.