Edible DIY wedding favours are the sweetest (and spiciest)
Your guests will devour these truly memorable mementos!
We all know that a wedding is your day, but it's important to keep in mind all the travel arrangements, planning, and gifts that the guests provide — so it's certainly nice (and appreciated) when a token of gratitude is provided by the couple of the hour. And why not offer something much more fun and personal than the usual trinket? These three homemade gifts come together to create the cutest little movie night basket – perfect for an at-home night in, Netflix marathon, or night at the local drive-in!
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cloves garlic (per favour)
- 2 dried red chilis (per favour)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig (per favour)
- Olive oil, as needed
- 125 mL (4 oz) bottles, as many as needed
- Small funnel to fit mouth of 4 oz bottle
- Hot sauce, as needed
- 250 mL (8 oz) bottles, as many as needed
- Popcorn (freshly popped), as needed
- Mini popcorn bags, as many as needed
- Mini bottles of soda, as many as needed
- Paperboard drink carrier, as many as needed
- Thank-you labels, as many as needed
- Sticker papers, as many as needed
Here's how to do it:
1. Place the garlic, red chilies and rosemary inside the 125 mL bottle. Pour in the olive oil to the top – use a funnel if it's easier. Cork it tightly and add a thank-you label: Pro Tip- it's MUCH easier to write "Thank You" on the label before you peel and attach! Repeat for the amount of favours you need.
2. Pour the hot sauce into the 235 mL bottle – for this one we definitely recommend using the funnel! Print out some quippy labels on your sticker paper, cut down to size, and stick onto the bottle. Repeat for the amount of favours you need.
3. Toss some popcorn into a popcorn bag (we recommend not pre-buttering the popcorn as it will grease the bag – and that way your guest can add the olive oil to his/her taste). Fold open your drink carrier and insert two popcorn bags and two bottles of soda. Repeat for the amount of favours you need.
Print out some more labels on your sticker paper, and pass out to your guests! They'll be sharing the love with you even after the wedding weekend has gone by. Can you get more adorable than this?!