DIY your own hanging seedling planter
Recycle old bottles to create a picture perfect oasis for your seeds.
Create a hanging planter to hang in your window and grow seedlings all year around.
Here's what you'll need:
- Masking tape
- Craft knife
- Sponge brush
- Water jar
- Mixing bowl
- Recycled bottles
- Soil and spade
Here's how to do it:
- Tape bottles to create paint design.
- Paint on first colour and allow to dry.
- Sponge on second colour to create ombre effect.
- Once bottles are dry cut in half.
- Drill two holes in sides of the bottles.
- Thread rope through bottles and tie a knot after each hole to hold into place.
- Melt ends of rope to seal.
- Fill each bottle with soil.
- Plant the seed and water well.
- Hang in a window with lots of light and water regularly.