DIY ultimate Canada Day tablescape
Canada's birthday is right around the corner and that means it's time for a celebration. We've curated the most Canadian tablescape for your Canada Day party this year. We went all out for Canada 150! Complete with reds, whites, flag motifs, balloons, and of course, Canadian snacks – this table will be sure to impress your hungry guests.
Here's what you'll need:
- Festive balloons for Canada Day
- Plaid fabric
- Empty maple syrup cans
- Red and white sweets
- Butter tarts
- BeaverTails / fried dough pastries
- Ketchup chips
- Red velvet cupcakes
- Maple leaf party plates and toothpicks
- Canadian beer
- Wooden serving trays
- Festive bowls
Here's how to do it:
1. To start off, cover your table in a festive red tablecloth and style with festive Canada-themed balloons. We're talking foil balloons, red and white, anything you can find with maple leaves on them – you can even add your own maple leaf cutouts to them!
2. Add height to your table and elevate its style by covering a box or platform with plaid fabric.
3. Looking for vases? Try the classic "Pure Maple Syrup" cans and display an arrangement of red and white florals in them for the party.
4. Buy some red and white sweets for guests to snack on and display them in clear glass bowls.
5. Round out your Canadian spread with butter tarts, chocolate covered pretzels, and of course, some Canadian classics like BeaverTails and ketchup chips. Wooden serving trays and other decorative bowls add to the Canadian aesthetic.
6. Festive plates and toothpicks with maple leafs on them make for perfect tableware. The toothpicks make a great addition to red velvet cupcakes, too!
7. And last but not least, fill a red bowl or bucket with some ice and some bottles of Canadian beer and your tablescape is complete!
Creator: The Party Parade