DIY light-up rope sign for your cottage or patio
The first long weekend of summer is finally here! It's time to open up cottages, uncover the barbecue, and get our weekend oases ready for some serious chilling with friends and family. We've got just the DIY to take your cottage decor or patio to the next level. This light-up rope sign is the perfect addition to your space – simply craft, light and chill in the glow!
Here's what you'll need:
- String of rope lights
- Aluminum wire
- Wire cutters
- Zip ties
- Brass wire
- Hammer and nails
Here's how to do it:
- Wrap the aluminum wire around the rope light. Be sure to keep the wire tight and avoid twisting the light. You may need an extra pair of hands for this step.
- Using your wire cutters, snip any excess wire off the end of the light.
- Next, begin to shape your letters. Use zip ties to keep them in place.
- Snip the excess off the zip ties.
- Using brass wire, fasten the end of the rope to the beginning of your sign.
- Continue wrapping brass wire around the light and the rope until you reach the end of your sign.
- Hang your sign on the wall with nails, wait for nightfall, and enjoy some added ambiance with your new sign!
Creator: Dani Berger