Create your own succulent sphere for Earth Day
Show off your Earth Day style with this easy, and impactful DIY.
Earth Day first launched in 1970 and was designed to support environmental protection and all of the issues the world faces when it comes to the environment. It takes place in more than 193 countries around the globe and is an important cause that we should all take part in.
Celebrate Earth Day 2017 by creating your own succulent sphere that's perfect for hanging around the house, and to show off your Earth pride. This easy DIY is made with the year's hottest plant trend – the succulent.
Here's what you'll need:
- Enough succulents to cover your sphere
- Gardening shovel
- Wire cutters
- Craft knife
- Card board
- Two hanging baskets
Here's how to do it:
- Fill both of the baskets with soil.
- Place cardboard over one basket and flip onto the other, sit in bowl to hold into place.
- Ask a friend to quickly remove the cardboard from between the baskets.
- Wire both baskets together securely.
- Remove excess soil from the succulents.
- Cut slits in the basket and plant succulents into each hole.
- Repeat until all succulents are planted around the sphere and it is covered evenly.
- Hang in a sunny spot using basking chains.
- Mist with water at least once a week.