3 cute cookie wrapping ideas… made from recycled containers!
Adorable, eco-friendly ideas from withwendy for spreading cheer (and baked goods!) this season
We don't need to espouse the virtues of the mighty cookie exchange to you — it's one of the most vital (and delicious) holiday traditions we have. But this year, as they take the form of doorstep deliveries and distanced waves, and since you may be making more stops than usual, some extra creativity is called for. That's why we enlisted DIY queen withwendy to come up with some cute and cost-effective ideas for wrapping and gifting your baked goods this season. The result is three simple DIYs you can craft from recycled containers and dress up as you choose. Check out the video below for the full demo, then scroll down to grab the materials list and templates.
Here's what you'll need:
For the first DIY...
- Frozen pizza box
- Gable box template (there are many different printable versions available online for free, for a small fee, and on sites like Pinterest, so you can search for the exact size you need)
- Glue stick
- Parchment paper
- Thick ribbon, in colour of your choice
For the second DIY...
- Tall plastic takeout container
- Sticker printer paper
For the third DIY...
- Empty ice cream pint
- Craft paper or wrapping paper of your choice
- Glue stick
- Bow, in style and colour of your choice