About The Great Canadian Baking Show
Who are the bakers?
These are 10 of Canada's best home bakers.
For each season, thousands of bakers across Canada submitted an online application to appear on The Great Canadian Baking Show.
From those applications, a select few bakers were asked to show off their skills at an in-person or virtual audition. From there, the top 10 were selected to come to the tent and show their skills to the country.
What do they get if they win?
Good-natured bragging rights, the title of Canada's Best Amateur Baker and a ceremonial cake plate.
What's a Signature Bake?
The signature bake is something that shows off the baker's skill, but also their personality. This is often an upgraded version of something they bake at home all the time. The Signature Bake lets the judges, and the audience at home, get to know the baker better.
What's a Technical Bake?
The Technical Bake is where the bakers are presented with a fairly simple, classic recipe, with some — or sometimes many — of the measurements and instructions removed. The bakers must fill in the blanks based on their own baking knowledge.
What's a Showstopper?
Pretty much what it sounds like. This is where the bakers really try to amp up the "WOW" factor. The judges are looking for Showstoppers to be creative, innovative, and professional-grade in both taste and appearance.
What protocols were in place to keep the cast and crew safe while filming during COVID-19?
- Face coverings were provided and worn by everyone except the on-camera cast.
- When not filming, all on-camera cast also wore face coverings.
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks were performed.
- Proper physical distancing was practiced and actively monitored.
- Production locations were thoroughly and regularly sanitized.
- Every precaution was taken for the protection of the cast and crew.
- All of the guidelines provided by Toronto Public Health and the Ontario Government were followed, as well as additional health and safety measures.
How to Watch The Great Canadian Baking Show
The Great Canadian Baking Show is back for Season 4 on February 14, 2021! Sundays at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT).
For the best online streaming experience, download the free CBC Gem app.
Android: download from Google Play
Apple: download from iTunes
Apple TV: find the CBC Gem app on the iTunes TV app store