How to grow your own salad greens at home
Sprout salad greens in your own home all year around with this simple planter.
Sad desk lunches be gone! With this first installment in our Indoor Gardener series, you can ditch overpriced, organic grocer greens, and grow your own with just a few simple materials and a little bit of patience
No garden? No worries. You can hang this DIY planter made from hardware store gutters indoors or place it on a windowsill.
Here's what you'll need:
- Gutter corner (from the hardware store)
- Gutter ends (from the hardware store)
- Spray paint
- Hooks (optional)
- Screwdriver (optional)
- Gardening gloves
Here's how to do it:
- Paint the outside of the gutter and gutter ends in your favourite colour, and allow to dry.
- Secure the end caps onto gutter. Pliers can be used to pinch ends if they don't fit securely.
- Add pebbles to allow for drainage.
- Fill with soil and plant seeds.
- Leave to grow in full light with lots of water and plant food.
- Gutter can be hung indoors around a kitchen corner or left on the windowsill.