Soccer player finger puppets craft
Soccer is one of the most popular sports in the world and the best soccer players from around the world are playing games throughout the two weeks of the Olympic Games.
These little soccer players are ready to play too! Colour them, cut them out and slide them on to your fingers. Find a friend to play with and see who can score the first goooooooooooooal!
You Will Need:
- CBC Parents soccer player finger puppets printable (PDF)
- cardstock or thin cardboard (we used a granola bar box)
- markers or pencil crayons
- ping pong ball, cotton ball, toy soccer ball or another round object to use as a soccer ball
- paper or styrofoam bowl (optional)
- masking tape (optional)
- Supplies for the soccer player finger puppets.
1. Download the CBC Parents soccer player finger puppets printable (PDF).
2. Print the soccer player finger puppets on cardstock or regular paper.
3. Colour the soccer players.
4. If you printed the soccer players on regular paper, cut out the figures and glue them to light cardboard. Let the glue dry, then cut the cardboard.
If you printed the figures on cardstock, cut them out.
5. Cut out holes for two fingers on the bottom of each figure. Poke a sharp pencil through the cardstock or cardboard to start the holes, the finish cutting the holes with scissors.
6. If you want to make nets, cut the plastic or styrofoam bowl in half and place on either end of the Kids' CBC soccer field (included in the PDF).
7. For a stable playing field, tape the soccer field and nets to a table.
8. Find a friend to play with. Slide the soccer players onto your fingers and start "kicking" the ball around. See who can score the first goal!