Now that you've perfected the world's easiest magic trick, let's move on to a more challenging card trick - the BLT. We called it that because of the way the cards are stacked, but it may also help you remember the steps when performing this illusion. For instance, bacon can be the first time the player cuts the deck, lettuce can be when you take that pile and place it facing up, and the tomato can be when you ask the player to make another cut.
Don't worry if you can't get it on the first try. Remember that even the best magicians spend hours practicing and perfecting their techniques. So go ahead and grab your cards and walk through the steps - watch the video at the end to put it altogether.
1. Show your audience that you have a regular deck of playing cards by fanning out the deck.
2. While doing this take a look at the top card that is on the deck without being noticed and remember it.
3. Place the entire deck down on a table in front of you and ask someone to cut the deck (that means to remove a small pile of cards).
4. Take that pile they have removed and turn it upside down and placing it top of the deck, facing up.
5. Ask them to make another but deeper cut from the deck.
6. Take that pile and turn it upside down and put top of the deck again, facing up. *This will make the top card that you remembered turn right side up.*
7. Remove all of the cards from the top of the deck that are facing up.
8. The top card that is still facing down is the card you remembered!
9. Without peeking, hold up the card to show the player.
10. Pretend to read their mind...
11. Now tell them what card they are looking at!! By now they will start to think you have some special powers.