Like any packaged food, dog treats can come loaded with a bunch of mystery ingredients. Why not take the guesswork out by making these wholesome Smokey Apple Woofies for your dog at home? Made with just 5 ingredients they are a healthy and real-food addition to your pup’s diet.
1 apple, diced
1 small sweet potato, diced
1 tsp fish oil
3 cups whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Steam sweet potato and apple until soft.
- Mash the sweet potato and apple with a potato masher.
- Mix the eggs and fish oil into the potato mixture.
- Add the flour and stir until the mixture starts to come together in a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead. The dough should be dry and stiff, but rollable. If it’s still a bit tacky, add more flour. If it’s too stiff, add a tsp of water at a time.
- Roll out the dough 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface and cut out into fun shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Bake until hard, 35-45 minutes.
- Let the treats cool completely before feeding to your dog.
approx. Per Serving