- Americans disembark from coronavirus-hit cruise; China says new cases slowing
- American passengers were taken off a cruise liner on Sunday to fly home after being quarantined for two weeks off Japan, while China said measures such as locking down megacity Wuhan had at last slowed the pace of new coronavirus cases.
- New Wales bears the brunt as deadly storm Dennis hammers the U.K.
- Rivers across Britain burst their banks and a number of severe flood warnings remained in place as authorities strove to get people to safety and to protect homes and businesses in the wake of storm Dennis.
- More than 1,000 former DOJ officials call on U.S. Attorney General Barr to resign
- The former officials, who served under both Republican and Democratic administrations, criticized William Barr, the country's top law enforcement officer, for overruling his own prosecutors in a case that has prompted accusations that the Trump administration is weakening the rule of law.
- Biden lashes out at Sanders as early Democratic caucus votes underway in Nevada
- As early voting surged in Nevada's nominating contest, former U.S. vice-president Joe Biden lashed out at Democratic rival Bernie Sanders on Saturday for not doing enough to control his most aggressive supporters.
- Israel's Gantz vows to form government without Netanyahu
- Israeli opposition leader Benny Gantz is vowing to form a government that will include neither the indicted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu nor the predominantly Arab parties in parliament.