- Canadian wildfires drive smoke into U.S., with no letup expected soon
- The weather system that's driving the ongoing Canadian-American smoke out — a low-pressure system over Maine and Nova Scotia — "will probably be hanging around at least for the next few days," according to a U.S. National Weather Service meteorologist.
- Outbreak of deadly Marburg virus ends in Equatorial Guinea: WHO
- The outbreak of Marburg virus infection in Equatorial Guinea has ended, the World Health Organization's regional office for Africa said on Thursday.
- Updated Russia shells Kherson as dam breach and floods leave thousands homeless, Ukrainian officials say
- Russian forces Thursday shelled Kherson, the southern Ukrainian city that's been inundated by flooding following a catastrophic dam collapse, Ukrainian officials said, forcing a suspension of some rescue efforts.
- Pat Robertson, controversial 700 Club host and U.S. presidential candidate, dead at 93
- Pat Robertson, who after claiming to be visited by the Holy Spirit in Ontario cottage country developed and hosted 700 Club for nearly six decades, binding the ascendant evangelical movement to Republican Party politics, has died. He was 93.
- Analysis Golf merger shows Saudis now the biggest players in global sport
- While before Saudi largesse was reserved for mostly European sports, the golf merger gives it tacit control over one of the oldest entities in American sport. And it could pave the way for future ownership of other North American sport properties.