- Canada's inflation rate rises to new 30-year high of 4.8%
- The Consumer Price Index increased at an annual pace of 4.8 per cent in December, as sharply higher prices for food led to the cost of living going up at its fastest rate since 1991.
- Microsoft to buy game giant Activision Blizzard for $68B US
- Microsoft is buying the gaming company Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion US, gaining access to blockbuster games like Call of Duty and Candy Crush.
- Some Canadian travellers want to know why those entering from the U.S. face less stringent rules
- Some Canadian travellers required to spend days in isolation waiting for COVID-19 test results after arriving in the country from abroad want to know why Ottawa allows people coming in from the U.S. to skip quarantine.