What's it all about?
Ever wanted to try three sports at once? Imagine putting together three really difficult sports like cycling, swimming and running, and push them to the limit with absolutely no breaks for any kind of fun like video games or TV? Then you should definitely scroll down for more on the para triathlon!
How it's played
Things to watch for
- Athletes use different types of bikes, depending on their needs.
- They can use a handcycle, a conventional bike with adaptations or a tandem bike that their guide can ride with them.
- Athletes who have a visual impairment are assisted by a guide that acts as their eyes for the entire race.
- They guide the athlete through all the phases of the race and react to anything or anyone that might get in their way.
- Exit handlers wait to help athletes who need assistance getting out of the water.
- Cap colours: full lifting for athletes with a red cap or support assistance for athletes with a yellow cap.