Why is Green Production important?
Canadians view the environment as one of the most important issues facing our world. As Canada’s public broadcaster, CBC has a duty to be part of the solution and do everything we can to keep our environmental impact to a minimum.
How can I calculate the carbon emissions on my production?
- What is the albert Carbon Calculator?
- Green Production Guide Toolkit - Carbon Footprint Calculator (PEAR)
- Green Telefilm budget template 2.0 (beta)
- What have we learned from albert so far, and what tools are available to facilitate using the carbon calculator?
How can I produce my content in a more environmentally sustainable way?
- One Stop Business Workshop - Green Production - How do I get started?
- CBC Green Production Guide for Independent Producers
- Provincial agencies
- Green Spark Group
- Sustainable Media Production Canada
- Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television
- 10+ Steps you can take to green your production
- How do I tackle the biggest sources of emissions/pollution?
How can I enhance my climate storytelling (planet placement)?
- Good Energy green storytelling playbook
- albert Editorial Engagement Tool for planet placement
- BBC - Climate Creatives
- Green Production Guide - New Climate Narratives
- Take Responsibility | Baroness von Sketch Show
How can I implement a strategy to make my production more environmentally sustainable?
- Greening Our Story - CBC/Radio-Canada
- Ontario Green Screen - Case Studies
- Sample Sustainability Plan
- I want to create my own sustainability plan. Where do I start?
- How do I execute my sustainability plan for maximum success?
- How can I support cast/crew experiencing climate grief while encouraging positive behaviour change?
Where can I achieve training and certifications in sustainable production and climate storytelling?
- Ontario Green Screen for residents of Ontario
- Creative BC Reel Green for residents of British Columbia
- albert courses
- Green Spark Group courses
Green Tools for Development
- Green Production Guide
- Production Handbook & Tools - Albert
- Environmental Media Association
- NYC Film Green
Events and Reports
- Producers Sustainability Roundtable - November 2022
- Sustainable Production Forum - October 2022
- Telefilm Eco-Awareness Survey report - September 2022
- One Stop Business Workshop - Green Week - October 2021
- Doc Org presentation by CBC on new albert carbon calculator requirement and climate storytelling - February 2022
- albert Subtitles to Save the World report
- A Screen New Deal
- Green Spark Group
- Case study videos
- Mask Recycling Process
- Example of how GoZero Partners help recycle the materials into new products
- CBC - Editor's note on Climate Change reporting
- The DGC National Sustainability and Climate Action Committee
- albert Studio Sustainability Standard