We Sang You Home
Richard Van Camp, illustrated by Julie Flett
In this sweet and lyrical board book from the creators of the bestselling Little You, gentle rhythmic text captures the wonder new parents feel as they welcome baby into the world. A celebration of the bond between parent and child, this is the perfect song to share with your little ones.
Internationally renowned storyteller and bestselling author Richard Van Camp teams up with award-winning illustrator Julie Flett for a second time to create a stunning board book for babies and toddlers. (From Orca Books)
Richard Van Camp writes comics, picture books and novels, most recently publishing the short story collection Moccasin Square Gardens. He is a member of the Dogrib Nation from Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Julie Flett has illustrated several picture books including Little You, My Heart Fills with Happiness and We Sang You Home. Her picture book Birdsong was a finalist for the TD Canadian Children's Literature Award.
- Richard Van Camp on the motivational power of Star Wars fan art
- The great Canadian reading list: 150 books to read for Canada 150
- 9 beautiful children's books by Indigenous writers to read
- 44 books to read from Indigenous creators who identify as women and/or two-spirit
- Richard Van Camp calls comic books movies you can hold in your hands