Watch the 2020 Scotiabank Giller Prize shortlist reveal
Which books will be shortlisted for the 2020 Scotiabank Giller Prize? Find out on Monday, Oct. 5 at 10 a.m. ET!
The $100,000 annually recognizes the best in Canadian fiction.
- Ridgerunner by Gil Adamson
- Here the Dark by David Bergen
- Watching You Without Me by Lynn Coady
- All I Ask by Eva Crocker
- The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donoghue
- Butter Honey Pig Bread by Francesca Ekwuyasi
- Five Little Indians by Michelle Good
- Dominoes at the Crossroads by Kaie Kellough
- Indians on Vacation by Thomas King
- Consent by Annabel Lyon
- Polar Vortex by Shani Mootoo
- The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
- Clyde Fans by Seth
- How to Pronounce Knife by Souvankham Thammavongsa
This year's prize is being judged by Canadian lawyer and nonfiction writer Mark Sakamoto, Canadian novelists Eden Robinson, David Chariandy and Tom Rachman, and British literary critic Claire Armitstead.
The winner will be announced on Nov. 9, 2020.
Last year's winner was Ian Williams for his novel Reproduction.
Other past winners include Esi Edugyan for Washington Black, Michael Redhill for Bellevue Square, Margaret Atwood for Alias Grace, Mordecai Richler for Barney's Version, Alice Munro for Runaway, André Alexis for Fifteen Dogs and Madeleine Thien for Do Not Say We Have Nothing.