Replay the 2019 Scotiabank Giller Prize shortlist announcement
Which books will be shortlisted for the $100,000 Scotiabank Giller Prize?
The annual award is the richest in Canadian fiction.
- Immigrant City by David Bezmozgis
- Small Game Hunting at the Local Coward Gun Club by Megan Gail Coles
- The Innocents by Michael Crummey
- Dual Citizens by Alix Ohlin
- Lampedusa by Steven Price
- Reproduction by Ian Williams
The winner will be announced at a gala event in Toronto on Nov. 18, 2019.
The longlist and shortlist were selected by a five-person jury comprised of Donna Bailey Nurse, Randy Boyagoda, José Teodoro, Aminatta Forna and Aleksandar Hemon. They will also choose the winner.
The awards ceremony will air on CBC, CBC Radio One and will be livestreamed on CBC Books.
Last year's winner was Esi Edugyan for the novel Washington Black.
Other past Giller Prize winners include Rohinton Mistry for A Fine Balance, Margaret Atwood for Alias Grace, Mordecai Richler for Barney's Version, Alice Munro for Runaway, André Alexis for Fifteen Dogs and Madeleine Thien for Do Not Say We Have Nothing.