Vivek Shraya is a writer, artist and musician from Alberta. As a writer, Shraya examines questions of race in Canada. She has been nominated for the Lambda Literary Award four times and has received the 2015 Honour of Distinction from The Writers' Trust of Canada. Shraya manages the Arsenal Pulp Press imprint VS. Books, which offers a mentorship and publishing opportunity to a young Indigenous, Black writer or writer of colour.
Shraya's second novel, The Subtweet, will be published by ECW Press on April 7, 2020.
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- How Vivek Shraya wrote She of the Mountains
- Vivek Shraya on the necessary risks of queer writing
- How Vivek Shraya turned lived racism into poetry
- Vivek Shraya on the power of unpacking pain and writing with urgency
Books by Vivek Shraya
Interviews with Vivek Shraya