The Night Piece
Drawing from published works such as the acclaimed debut Despair and Other Stories of Ottawa and the highly original Beauty & Sadness, and including never-before-published pieces, this is a career-spanning collection of surprising, witty, imaginative, original stories from André Alexis —one of Canada's most celebrated writers.
André Alexis was born in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, and raised in Ottawa. His debut novel, Childhood, won the Books in Canada First Novel Award (now known as the Amazon.ca First Novel Award) and the Trillium Book Award, and was shortlisted for the Scotiabank Giller Prize and the Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize. His other books include Pastoral, Asylum and The Hidden Keys.
- 47 works of Canadian fiction to watch for in spring 2020
- André Alexis: The books that changed my life
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- André Alexis on the greasiest job he ever had and why he hates writing sex scenes
- 60 works of Canadian fiction to watch for in fall 2020
- The best Canadian fiction of 2020
- André Alexis on what he values most, in art and friends
- 25 books by Black Canadian authors to read in 2021