Sarah Raughley is a fantasy novelist from Southern Ontario. Raughley's YA Effigies series, which includes Fate of Flames, Siege of Shadows and Legacy of Light, drops readers into a world where four young women are imbued with the powers of the four elements — fire, water, air and earth — and tasked with protecting the world from the evil Phantoms.
Raughley's stories typically feature elements of magic, otherworldly powers and the fantastical.
Her latest is The Bones of Ruin, a fantasy YA novel set in 1880s London featuring an immortal African tightrope walker named Iris. The follow-up to The Bones of Ruin, titled The Song of Wrath, will be published in April 2023.
- Sarah Raughley's YA novel The Song of Wrath is about missing memories and hidden truths — read an excerpt now
- Sarah Raughley's fantasy YA novel The Bones of Ruin weaves a tale of race and identity in the Victorian era
- 13 books for the sci-fi and fantasy lover on your list
- Sarah Raughley on why having superpowers would be super awesome
- If you liked Susan Ee's Angelfall, you'll love Sarah Raughley's YA novel Fate of Flames
- Sarah Raughley shares her secrets to writing a successful fantasy series
Books by Sarah Raughley