A punk-rock celebration of pizza in all its gooey glory. Dive deep into the world of cheese-loving, crust-craving, sauce-savouring punks with award-winning cartoonist Cole Pauls. In Pizza Punks, Pauls pushes the limits of pizza devotion by exploring just how far an extremely dedicated punk might go to attain the cheesiest of pies. Backpack pizza? Sure. Couch pizza? Absolutely. Even Mosh pizza isn't off-limits. Pineapple pizza, though? That's a little more controversial. This quirky graphic novel is served up hot and (not so) fresh by the author of Dakwakada Warriors, winner of the 2020 Indigenous Voices Award and nominated for two Doug Wright Awards and an Aurora Award. (From Conundrum)
Cole Pauls is a Tahltan comic artist. He created his first comic, Dakwäkãda Warriors, as a language-revival initiative. In 2017, it won Broken Pencil magazine's Best Comic and Best Zine of the Year Award.
- The best Canadian comics of 2021
- Watch Cole Pauls on The Exhibitionists
- Cole Pauls's comics preserve First Nations language — and also celebrate punks eating pizza
- The CBC Books spring 2021 reading list
- 18 Canadian comics to read in summer 2021
- CBC Books 2021 holiday gift guide: Funny books for your holiday shopping list