Our Little Kitchen
A picture book about a lively evening in a community kitchen from Governor General's Award–winning author and illustrator Jillian Tamaki.
Tie on your apron!
Roll up your sleeves!
Pans are out, oven is hot.
The kitchen's all ready,
Where do we start?
In this lively, rousing picture book from Caldecott Honoree Jillian Tamaki, a crew of resourceful neighbours come together to prepare a meal for their community. With a garden full of produce, a joyfully chaotic kitchen and a friendly meal shared at the table, Our Little Kitchen is a celebration of full bellies and people looking out for one another. (From Groundwood Books)
Jillian Tamaki is an award-winning illustrator. In 2014, Tamaki received the Governor General's Literary Award for her work in This One Summer, written by her cousin and graphic novelist Mariko Tamaki. They also collaborated on Skim. Her other books include the comics SuperMutant Magic Academy and Boundless and the picture book They Say Blue.
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- What graphic novelist Jillian Tamaki does to break out of a creativity rut
- Why Governor General's Literary Award winner Jillian Tamaki decided to write her first-ever picture book
- 52 Canadian picture books coming out in fall 2020
- The best Canadian picture books of 2020
- Here are the finalists for the 2020 Governor General's Literary Awards