Oh She Glows blogger Angela Liddon among Canadian food writing prizes finalists
Oh She Glows food blogger Angela Liddon is among the Taste Canada finalists in the health and special diet cookbooks category for her sophomore book, Oh She Glows Every Day. Both of Liddon's cookbooks are on the list of the 150 bestselling Canadian books of the past 10 years.
The book a presents over 100 recipes — including veggie burgers and flourless brownies — based on Liddon's plant-based eating philosophy. Her culinary blog Oh She Glows is also nominated in the food blogs: health and special diet category.
Now in its 20th year, the Taste Canada Awards celebrate the best in Canadian culinary writing in both English and French. A gold and silver award are given in each of the 14 categories.
The finalists in the English-language culinary narratives category are:
- Brewing Revolution: Pioneering the Craft Beer Movement by Frank Appleton
- Food Artisans of the Okanagan by Jennifer Cockrall-King
- Food to Grow: A Simple, No-Fail Guide to Growing Your Own Vegetables, Fruits and Herbs by Frankie Flowers
- 100 Million Years of Food: What Our Ancestors Ate and Why It Matters Today by Stephen Le
- 150 Years of Canadian Beer Labels by Lawrence C. Sherk
The finalists in the English-language general cookbooks category are:
- CinCin: Wood-Fired Cucina by Andrew Richardson
- Dolce Famiglia by David Rocco
- Real Food, Real Good: Eat Well with Over 100 of My Simple, Wholesome Recipes by Michael Smith
- Earls The Cookbook: Eat a Little, Eat a Lot. 110 of Your Favourite Recipes. by Jim Sutherland
- Araxi: Roots to Shoots, Farm Fresh Recipes by James Walt
The finalists in the English-language regional/cultural cookbooks category are:
- Hot Thai Kitchen: Demystifying Thai Cuisine with Authentic Recipes to Make at Home by Pailin Chongchitnant
- Ottawa Cooks: Signature dishes from the finest chefs of Canada's Capital Region by Anne Desbrisay
- Taste of Persia: A Cook's Travels Through Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, and Kurdistan by Naomi Duguid
- British Columbia from Scratch: Recipes for Every Season by Caroline West & Denise Marchessault
- The Butcher, The Baker, The Wine and Cheese Maker in the Okanagan by Jennifer Schell
The finalists in the English-language single-subject cookbook category are:
- Diva Q's Barbecue: 195 Recipes for Cooking with Family, Friends & Fire by Danielle Bennett
- Bobbette & Belle: Classic Recipes from the Celebrated Pastry Shop by Sarah Bell & Allyson Bobbit
- Batch: Over 200 Recipes, Tips and Techniques for a Well Preserved Kitchen by Dana Harrison & Joel MacCharles
- Bake with Anna Olson: More than 125 Simple, Scrumptious and Sensational Recipes to Make You a Better Baker by Anna Olson
- The Baker in Me by Daphna Rabinovitch
The finalists in the English-language health and special diet cookbooks category are:
- Nourish: Whole Food Recipes by Cara Rosenbloom & Nettie Cronish
- Hot Detox: A 21-Day Anti-Inflammatory Program to Heal Your Gut and Cleanse Your Body by Julie Daniluk
- Whole Bowls: Complete Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Meals to Power Your Day by Allison Day
- The Paleo Diabetes Diet Solution: Manage Your Blood Sugar with 125 Recipes Plus a 30-Day Meal Plan by Lisa Cantkier & Jill Hillhouse
- Oh She Glows Every Day: Quick and Simply Satisfying Plant-Based Recipes by Angela Liddon
The finalists in the English-language food blogs: general category are:
The finalists in the English-language food blogs: health and special diet category are:
Check out the French-language nominees here.
The winners will be announced at an event on Oct. 30, 2017 in Toronto.