Not One of These Poems Is About You
In this remarkable, frank and gut-wrenching mix of words and images, Teva continues on her journey, grappling with what it means to live with metastatic breast cancer. She plunges deep into her inner world, shadowing the progression of the disease. Reality takes on sharp edges: the swell of cancer and its retreat with chemo. Her inner corporeal reality versus her outer manifestation of health, vitality and femininity. Holding fast to the great love of her life, while preparing to leave him behind. Contemplating who she was before cancer and who she is now.
Starkly honest and wholly profound, Not One of These Poems Is About You distills life to its essence. Teva Harrison continues to gift the world with her clear-eyed insight and her open heart. (From House of Anansi Press)
Harrison died at the age of 42 on April 27, 2019.
- 23 collections of Canadian poetry to watch for this fall
- Teva Harrison on turning living with incurable cancer into art
- Teva Harrison: How I wrote about my incurable cancer
- Read an excerpt from Teva Harrison's poetry collection, Not One of These Poems Is About You
- The CBC Books winter reading list: 40 books to read to kick off 2020
- The best Canadian poetry of 2020
Interviews with Teva Harrison
Other books by Teva Harrison