No Going Back
Nora Watts has a talent for seeing what lies beneath strangers' surfaces, and for knowing what they're working hard to keep hidden. Somehow, it's the people closest to her she has trouble truly connecting with. In the case of Bonnie, the teenage daughter Nora gave up for adoption, she has to keep trying. For Bonnie has a target on her back — and it's all because of Nora.
Two years ago, Bonnie was kidnapped by the wealthy Zhang family. Though Nora rescued her, she made a powerful enemy in Dao, a mysterious triad enforcer and former head of the Zhangs' private security. Now Dao is out for revenge, and she needs to track him down in order to keep herself — and Bonnie — safe.
On Dao's trail, Nora forms an unlikely partnership with Bernard Lam, an eccentric playboy billionaire with his own mysterious grudge to bear, and reunites with Jon Brazuca, ex-cop turned private investigator and Nora's occasional ally. From Canada to southeast Asia they pursue Dao, uncovering a shadowy criminal cabal. But soon, the trail will lead full circle to Vancouver, the only home Nora's ever known, and right to the heart of her brutal past. (From William Morrow)
- 13 creepy Canadian books to read on Friday the 13th
- 13 Canadian books to read during National Crime Writing Month
- Why Sheena Kamal ran away screaming from this Q&A
- 47 works of Canadian fiction to watch for in spring 2020
- The CBC Books 2020 summer reading list
- 14 Canadian mysteries and thrillers to check out this summer