Monique Gray Smith
Monique Gray Smith is a mixed-heritage — Cree, Lakota and Scottish — author who often writes and speaks about the resilience of Indigenous communities in Canada. Her book Speaking Our Truth seeks to inform young Canadians of the legacy of the residential school system in Canada and the impact it continues to have on Survivors and their families.
- Why Monique Gray Smith almost stopped writing Speaking Our Truth
- Monique Gray Smith's new book for young readers charts a path to reconciliation
- Students in B.C. learn about reconciliation through Speaking Our Truth
- Students in Montreal discuss what reconciliation looks like with Speaking Our Truth author Monique Gray Smith
- The CBC Books winter reading list: 15 Canadian books to read this season
- Monique Gray Smith's favourite book in 2018: Jonny Appleseed by Joshua Whitehead