Madeleine Thien is a short story writer and novelist. She is the author of novel Do Not Say We Have Nothing, which won the Scotiabank Giller Prize and the Governor General's Award in 2016 and was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. Her debut novel, Certainty, published in 2006, was a finalist for the 2007 Kiriyama Prize. Thien's other books include novel Dogs at the Perimeter and children's book The Chinese Violin.
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- Madeleine Thien on the unresolved questions at the heart of Do Not Say We Have Nothing
- Madeleine Thien just described our dream literary dinner
- Madeleine Thien is worried that it's all just a little bit of history repeating
- Why Madeleine Thien keeps coming back to Hannah Arendt's Between Past and Future