Love after the End
edited by Joshua Whitehead
This anthology of speculative fiction showcases a number of new and emerging 2SQ (Two-Spirit and queer) Indigenous writers from across Turtle Island. These visionary authors show how queer Indigenous communities can bloom and thrive through utopian narratives that detail the vivacity and strength of 2SQness throughout its plight in the maw of settler colonialism's histories.
Readers will discover bioengineered AI rats, transplanted trees in space, the rise of a 2SQ resistance camp, a primer on how to survive Indigiqueerly, virtual reality applications, mother ships at sea, and the very bending of space-time continuums queered through NDN time. Love after the End demonstrates the imaginatively queer Two-Spirit futurisms we have all been dreaming of since 1492.
Contributors include Nathan Adler, Darcie Little Badger, Gabriel Castilloux Calderon, Adam Garnet Jones, Mari Kurisato, Kai Minosh Pyle, David Alexander Robertson, jaye simpson, and Nazbah Tom. (From Arsenal Pulp Press)
- Joshua Whitehead reflects on music and the surprising connection he made with a neighbour while in isolation
- Why Joshua Whitehead wants to recentre Indigenous characters with his cyberpunk-infused poetry
- Joshua Whitehead on poetry's radical, survivalist nature
- Poet Joshua Whitehead redefines two-spirit identity in Full-Metal Indigiqueer
- 60 works of Canadian fiction to watch for in fall 2020
- The best Canadian fiction of 2020
- CBC Books winter 2021 reading list