Iain Reid is an author and memoirist. His debut memoir, One Bird's Choice, was published in 2010. His 2013 memoir The Truth About Luck was awarded the $10,000 RBC Taylor Prize Emerging Writer Award in 2015.
His 2016 novel, I'm Thinking of Ending Things, is about a woman who, on her way to meet her boyfriend's parents for the first time, struggles to determine whether she's happy in the relationship. The novel is being adapted for a Netflix film by director Charlie Kaufman. His 2018 novel, Foe, is optioned for film by production company Anonymous Content.
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- Iain Reid's forthcoming novel Foe optioned for film by Anonymous Content
- Iain Reid on pitching his book idea to a sheep
- Iain Reid examines intimacy and isolation in his debut novel
- Iain Reid writes about what frightens him