Lee Maracle, Columpa Bobb and Tania Carter
Hope Matters, written by multiple award-winning author Lee Maracle and her daughters Columpa Bobb and Tania Carter, focuses on the journey of Indigenous people from colonial beginnings to reconciliation. Maracle states that the book "is also about the journey of myself and my two daughters."
During their youth, Bobb and Carter wrote poetry with their mother, and they all decided that one day they would write a book together. This book is the result of that dream. Written collaboratively by all three women, the poems in Hope Matters blend their voices together into a shared song of hope and reconciliation. (From Book*hug Press)
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- Lee Maracle on why she listens to her family
- Lee Maracle stormed CanLit stages to make sure her story was heard
- 11 Canadian poetry collections to check out during National Poetry Month
- 20 books you could give your mom on Mother's Day