Finalists for $10K science writing prizes revealed
Seven books have been nominated for the annual Lane Anderson Awards, a prize the celebrates the best in Canadian science writing for adults and young readers.
Two winners, to be announced in September, will each receive $10,000.
Finalists in the books for young readers category are:
- Monster Science by Helaine Becker, illustrated by Phil McAndrew
- 5 Giraffes by Anne Innis Dagg
- Inside Your Insides by Claire Eamer, illustrated by Marie-Eve Tremblay
Finalists in the books for adult readers category are:
- At the Sea With the Marine Birds of the Raincoast by Caroline Fox
- North America in the Anthropocene by Robert William Sandford
- Bad Singer by Tim Falconer
- 100 Million Years of Food by Stephen Le
The past year's winners were Alanna Mitchell for Malignant Metaphor and Cybèle Young for her children's book The Queen's Shadow.