Canisia Lubrin is a poet and author based in Whitby, Ont. Born in St. Lucia, Canisia Lubrin has quickly established herself as one of Canada's brightest emerging poets. Her debut poetry collection, Voodoo Hypothesis, uses both modern language and folklore to explore race, oppression and colonialism. The League of Canadian Poets announced on April 18, 2018, that Voodoo Hypothesis is on multiple longlists for the 2018 Poetry Awards.
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know
- Why poet Canisia Lubrin embraces chaos
- How growing up in St. Lucia nurtured poet Canisia Lubrin's imagination
- Billy-Ray Belcourt, Canisia Lubrin, Phoebe Wang longlisted for 2018 poetry prizes
- 18 writers to watch in 2018
- Canisia Lubrin evokes the folkloric magic of St. Lucia in a poetic takedown of contemporary racism
- 6 black Canadian writers to watch in 2018