Still have Canada Reads books to get through? Our podcast has you covered!
The Canada Reads 2018 debates are just around the corner. From March 26-29, 2018, five panellists will go head to head, defending five Canadian books — each vying for the title of One Book to Open Your Eyes.
To help tee things up, CBC Books has released six pre-show podcast episodes to help get you acquainted with this year's lineup. You can download the episodes through CBC, iTunes or your favourite podcast app.
Once again, the Canada Reads 2018 contenders and their chosen books are:
- Mozhdah Jamalzadah, defending The Boat People by Sharon Bala
- Tahmoh Penikett, defending American War by Omar El Akkad
- Greg Johnson, defending Precious Cargo by Craig Davidson
- Jeanne Beker, defending Forgiveness by Mark Sakamoto
- Jully Black, defending The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline