M.G. Vassanji is the author of seven novels, two collections of short stories, a travel memoir about India, a memoir of East Africa and a biography of Mordecai Richler. The two-time Scotiabank Giller Prize winner has also won the Governor General's Literary Award for nonfiction, the Harbourfront Festival Prize, the Commonwealth Writers' Prize for best first book (Africa), the F.G. Bressani Literary Prize and the Canada Council for the Arts Molson Prize. He is a member of the Order of Canada and has been awarded several honorary doctorates. His novel Nostalgia was defended on Canada Reads 2017 by Jody Mitic.
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- Meet the Canada Reads 2017 contenders
- 5 books to read if you loved Nostalgia
- M.G. Vassanji on the sentence that changed his life
- M.G. Vassanji on how an idle thought grew into several big ideas