Breakdown: Reckoner Rises Vol. 1
David A. Robertson, illustrated by Scott B. Henderson
Acclaimed writer, David A. Robertson, delivers suspense, adventure, and humour in this stunningly illustrated graphic novel continuation of The Reckoner trilogy.
After the events in Wounded Sky, Cole and Eva arrive in Winnipeg, the headquarters of Mihko Laboratories. They are intent on destroying the company once and for all, but their plans are thwarted when a new threat surfaces. When Cole becomes mired in terrifying visions, Eva must harness her newly discovered powers to investigate Mihko without him. Are Cole's visions just troubled dreams or are they leading him to a horrible truth?
Perfect for fans of superheroes, The Bloodhound Gang returns in this all-new graphic novel series, The Reckoner Rises. (From Portage & Main Press)
David A. Robertson is an author and graphic novelist based in Winnipeg. The multi-talented writer of Swampy Cree heritage has published 25 books across a variety of genres, including the graphic novels Will I See? and Sugar Falls, a Governor General's Literary Award-winning picture book called When We Were Alone, illustrated by Julie Flett, and the YA book Strangers. He hosts the CBC Edmonton podcast Kiwew.
- 100 writers in Canada you need to know now
- Why David Alexander Robertson wrote a children's book about residential schools
- 'Write what you're passionate about.' David A. Robertson's advice for his younger self
- David A. Robertson opens up about 'finding the truth' of his Indigenous heritage
- 15 Canadian comics coming out in fall 2020
- The best Canadian comics of 2020
- How David A. Robertson manages to write as much as he does
- CBC Books winter 2021 reading list